There are numerous reasons to have a custom blog designed. Here are some top reasons:
1) It helps drive traffic to your website.
Who wants more visitors? I know I do!
So, how can you drive any traffic? ............... blogging, social media, and search engines. Here's how it works.
Think about how many pages there are on your website. Probably not a ton, right? And think about how often you update those pages. Probably not that often, right?
Well, blogging helps solve both of those problems.
Every time you write a blog post, it's one more indexed page on your website, which means it's one more opportunity for you to show up in search engines and drive traffic to your website in organic search.
Blogging also helps you get discovered via social media. Every time you write a blog post, you're creating content that people can share on social networks.
2) It helps convert traffic into leads.
Now that you have traffic coming to your website through your blog, you have an opportunity to convert that traffic into leads.
Just like every blog post you write is another indexed page, each post is a new opportunity to generate new leads. Calls-to-action lead to things like free ebooks, free whitepapers, free fact sheets, free webinars, free trials...it's as simple as this:
- Visitor comes to website
- Visitor sees call-to-action for a free offer
- Visitor fills out form, submits information, and receives the free offer
3) It helps establish authority.
The best blogs answer common questions their leads and customers have. If you're consistently creating content that's helpful for your target customer, it'll help establish you as an authority in their eyes.
Think about the sales enablement opportunities blogging presents:
- If prospects find answers to their common questions via blog posts written by people at your company, they're much more likely to come into the sales process trusting what you have to say because you've helped them in the past -- even before they were interested in purchasing anything from you.
- Prospects that have been reading your blog posts will typically enter the sales process more educated on your place in the market, your industry, and what you have to offer.
4) It drives long-term results.
The effort you put in today can turn into hundreds of thousands of views and leads in the future! While you might not see immediate results, over time, you'll be able to count on a predictable amount of traffic and leads for your business without any additional resource investment.